Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sweet Baby Girl

Everyday I am amazed by my sweet baby girl. I thought when she was hitting her milestones as a baby that she was amazing but now she totally blows me away with how "old" she is getting and how much she has learned! It was the other night that I heard her singing in the bathtub and when I went for a closer listen I discovered that she was singing her days of the week. I hadn't taught this to her, frankly because I just really hadn't thought much about it, but thankfully in only two days of preschool a week, she is learning something! Of course being the teacher that I am, I thought if she knows her days, then she must know her months of the year. AND SHE DOES! I asked her what month we were in and she told me and so I asked her the rest of the months and away she went. It's really hard to believe that she will be 4 in June! I honestly feel like it was just yesterday that I was trying to get her to say "Momma" and "Dada," and now you can't get her to stop talking. Watching and listening to her learn how to identify her letters and numbers is just too cool for words! I'd like to dedicate this section of James Taylor song to her for making me so happy to be her mother and that God blessed me with my blond haired, blued eyed little girl!


"Whenever I see your smiling face
I have to smile myself

Because I love you (Yes, I do)

And when you give me that pretty little pout

It turns me inside out

There's something about you, baby (I don't know)"

No comments:

Post a Comment