Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Great Outdoors

Since living in our new house we have had many uninvited guests appear. We had high hopes that the wildlife would stay away from this house since we were being tormented by a squirrel family at the carriage house. But it didn't turn out like that....
On a visit to check out the progression of the house, we had a skunk in our backyard. Time of Death: sunset

Victim #1


We have had a copperhead almost strike me at the wood line when I was dumping my grease from the deep fryer. Time of Death: sunset


Victim #2 (true image!)

We had a black snake scare Adam at the back deck before we moved in, but he was unable to kill the snake. He must start taking lessons from me! :0) But this black snake went under our house when he missed the killing time. This snake was later found in the fall/beginning of winter when Adam went to run the rest of the plastic under the house in the crawl space. The snake must of gotten tangled up in the straw mat that was under there and he died. Time of Death: unknown



Victim #3

Tonight, when I let Oscar outside to go potty, I heard him carrying on and growling at the back deck. Now, keep in mind that recently we have had coyotes and bobcats around here and even black bears, but I put those thoughts aside since Oscar is only 6 inches or so off the ground and about 13-14lbs. that if it had been one of the above that he would not be growling and barking but that he would be dead. So what I do find when I go under the deck with a flashlight but Oscar face to face with...

Polly Oppossum! (or that's what we named her/him!)

Potential Victim?????
Time of Death: not yet, but come under my deck again and it might not end like tonight!

Signed Queen of the Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment