Saturday, September 7, 2013

Teacher by Week, Hairstylist by Weekend

Well folks, if teaching fails...there's always beauty school!  Adam's mom had asked me over the summer if she bought a box of hair color would I color her hair.  My reply was that I have never ever colored someone's hair but I can read and I would give it a go.  Well today, she took me up on that offer.  She went and bought her Golden Blonde LOREAL Paris color and I took it from there.  She wasn't nervous, so she said, but I was a bit.  I didn't want to dye my mother-in-law's hair a crazy shade of purple, orange, or green! What if it didn't come out like the box looked!  What would we do?  I took the bottle and mixed as directed..easy enough.  I saturated her hair and watched the clock.  After 25 minutes she was ready to rinse.  When we went back to rinse the dye out, I felt like her hair was looking mighty orange.  I said, "Pat, I don't know about this..looks a little orangy."  She said oh no it's fine.  I was praying it was fine.  Thankfully, God was on my side today and ladies and gentlemen...she looks good!!  We dried it and the honey blonde appeared.  YAY for my first rodeo with hair coloring....who's next!!??  Gordon's Hair Salon- here I come!
Gordon's Hair Salon


This is one brave lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment